Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Short Visit to Gettysburg

Last week, we took a short trip to Pennsylvania for my nephew's wedding.  While there, we drove a little ways to see the new military museum.  It included a short film and a viewing of the cyclorama--a dramatic representation (how could it be anything but dramatic?) of the Battle of Gettysburg that surrounds an entire, circular room.  Lovely said she felt like crying a few times at the museum:


The artist painted himself into the painting, leaning against the tree:

I wish the pics could be better, but flashes were not allowed.

This was after Laea's  long and trying first night of sleep away from home.  Forgetful mommy (did I mention braincells die during pregnancy and two pregnancies in a row equal a double whammy?) forgot the pad that goes in the bottom of the pack and play, so she refused to sleep, accept in the twin bed I was sleeping in.  She woke up frequently (every hour or so) and hovered over my face to ensure I was still there.  Thankfully, my sister brought the pad with her since she left after us and Laea slept through the night the rest of the trip.

I had to take a pic of this, given my work with the sublime (journal article).  Death and destruction= sublime? Kinda fits my project. 

Old Abe with a few cuties:
 

Overall, Laea did extremely well on the trip.  She cried for about 30-40 minutes on the 9.5 hr drive.  She finally started sleeping when she could in her carseat, and she slept from 8, 9, or 10 (whenever we got home) until 8 or 9 in the morning.  I love this girl!  Trust me, after Miss Snugglebug's sleeping habits as a baby, Laea is truly appreciated!  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!