Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fluffy Buns

I keep telling Laeah that she's wearing her fluffy buns when I put a cloth diaper on her, and she seems just fine with that :)  I haven't been cloth diapering strictly, but I've been doing it when possible.  I still use a disposable at night and during naps, just in case there may be leaks (although disposables leaked often at night as well).  I have a total of 12 diapers, I believe, and these aren't your grandma's diapers.  I bought snap (some with snap & velcro) pocket diapers, so there is a pocket on the inside where you stuff an insert (mine are microfiber and foldable bamboo).  I also use flushable liners for messier changes--I don't subscribe to the dunking method, if you get my drift.  At changing time, I just unsnap, remove the liner, and toss the diaper in a waterproof pillowcase (MUCH cheaper than a large wet bag).  To wash, I separate the inserts from the diaper, rinse on cold, wash on warm, and usually give an extra rinse.  Sometimes I hang the diapers to dry, sometimes I use the dryer.  Gee, how hard does that sound?  

Honestly, a lot of people still look at me like I'm crazy, including S.  Not sure why--I am saving money here, but he just hasn't realized it yet, I don't think.  And changing them/washing them is not difficult or overly time consuming.  I wash every 2-3 days, which I have to do with our regular laundry anyway (I mean, there are 6 people in this house now, come on!).  The hardest part?  Fitting clothes over fluffy bottoms.  I may be overstuffing, yet, I use two inserts because one absorbs more but not as quickly, and one absorbs less but quicker.  I've done a ton of research, and I'll get it figured out eventually, I hope.  I still aim to add 12 more diapers before I'm done since I have two little ones.  I haven't done cloth yet with my newest, but I plan to once she turns 2 months.  

What odd tasks have you been up to lately? And have you chosen any special words lately?  I was inspired because I saw several bloggers doing so, including doing it with children, which I may have to try :)  Remember, trust you are blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!