Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Just Words

Whoever said that was totally lying.  Words are powerful.  Words hurt.  Words heal.  Lately, a lot of words have hurt me (partially because of the lack of sleep, partially because of life, and partially because of the grumpy person wielding them), and I've also been at a total loss for solutions to various situations--even at a loss of words. 

However, I'm going to pick up a word today--maybe two-- and apply them to the rest of the year:  FAITHFUL and BLESSED.  Too many times, I let doubts and fears get the best of me.  Too many times, I break down and wonder how I'm ever going to get through something.  Yet, I know many have things worse than me.  I am blessed with four wonderful (yet exasperating) children.  As much as I'd love to stay home all the time, I am blessed to be able to earn a small income while only being away from my children 6 hours per week.  I am blessed to have a roof over my head and shoes on my feet (no longer stylish ones, as comfort has superseded style), and food in my belly.  I am blessed to enjoy the smiles of my family and hear their laughter (although inappropriate at some hours).  I am blessed. 

What is prompting all of this?  I've realized things are just out of my control, despite my control-freak nature.  For example, I had saved up enough money to finally buy the glider-recliner I've wanted for years.  I was given money for it last year, but I ended up paying bills instead, and so I literally received nothing for Christmas.  Nothing.  This year, I put Christmas gift money and baby money, along with carpool cash, all toward my glider.  I finally took the plunge and purchased it.  What did I receive in the mail just two short days later?  Thousands of dollars of bills.  Extra bills--not like electricity bills or anything--but very important ones, none the less.  What did I do?  I cried, of course!  Yet, I know God is in control, and He does not give us more than we can handle (and boy, are we amazed at what He knows we can handle sometimes!).  I know He will provide, and I know I must be faithful and accept that I am blessed in order to receive my blessings.  

What are you blessed with lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!