Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baby Steps and Candy Canes

Who else might awaken to an angelic voice saying, "Here you go, Mommy. This is for you. It's weally tasty"? Surely, my three year old isn't in on some plot to destroy my weight loss dreams, right? And yes, I gave in by having a candy cane for breakfast, but who could resist? I said no to the second one, and that's what matters! So, for lunch, I had an organic herb turkey sandwich on wheat with fat-free cheese, followed by an orange Whips yogurt and a banana. Then, I cleaned the house and did loads of laundry, only to uncover a jolly red stocking calling my name. Lo and behold! I had forgotten about the stocking filled with candy my mother had given me! I gave some to the girls, consumed only the best, and tried to throw away the evidence. For dinner, I made the best venison tacos that I've ever made, thinking the low-fat meat might make up for my little indiscretions. I resisted eating two as I used to do and I resisted the motherly trap of eating her child's mound of uneaten food. Think of all the calories I saved!

Tonight, I boxed my cardio workout on the Wii for quite a while, and then I played a game of tennis that took forever on the Wii! No, today was not my best day, but it certainly wasn't my worst. I will glory in the small victories, hope for the larger, and believe in the healthier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!