Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wii Active

Wow, was I burning, burning, burning after my boxing workout last night! I boxed over 1200 punches, which is descent, and then I did a few exercises to boot. My pecks and shoulders were so sore that I thought it best to try a different workout today, so I pulled out the Wii Active at my mother's house. It does offer a pretty good workout, with a choice of 20 min EASY, 20 min HARD, 30 min EASY, and 40 min HARD, so I chose the 20 min HARD and hoped I had it in me. I noticed a huge difference between my running from months back when I first tried it and the running I did today--I could actually last the entire time! And I kept up the pace well! I was quite miffed from the high kicks running, though; it didn't count them and it showed me walking slowly whether I was running or standing completely still, so what's up with that??? I loved the boxing portion (of course!), but it was only two mins. long, unfortunately. I did feel like I was going to fall through the floor while doing the jumping lunges, but it worked me! The main problem with this workout: I don't like it. Yep, you heard me. I DO NOT LIKE Wii ACTIVE, SAM. Not in a boat, not with a goat. I do not like it here or there. I do not like it ANYWHERE!

I longed to come home and do my boxing again, but I resisted. I said I would exercise six days a week, and I've actually kept my word this week! I'm ecstatic! I may even squeeze some boxing in tomorrow!

Now, regarding food--not doing so hot. I went out for lunch and ordered a chef salad, otherwise known as a Sam's Salad at the restaurant. Well, it was mostly Sam and not enough salad, so I ate all of the greens and left most of the meat/cheese on the plate. I do order regular dressing, but I never eat half of the little cup they give you, so I figure that's all right. I did drink Coke though, my nemesis . For dinner, I was not in the mood to cook, so we picked up pizza. I see that disapproving face! Before you stress out, I ate ONE slice. Did you see that? ONE slice. I never only eat ONE slice. But I had root beer--which isn't quite as bad because it doesn't contain caffeine.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!