Monday, May 14, 2012

2011 Top Baby Names

Not that I'm too influenced by pop culture or what is considered a "popular" name (Lovely's name was picked out long before it became popularized by TV shows), but I found my reaction to the top 10 2011 baby names, found here, interesting.  While I like/love/admire for someone else almost all the girl names, I don't care for most of the boy names.  Hmmm....

For boys:
  • Jacob (I've known too many bad apples since I teach all grades)
  • Mason (I always associate this with Masons, which leads me to "National Treasure."  While I enjoyed the movie, I don't want to think of Nicholas Cage when I look at my child--weird, I know.)
  • William (OK, but only if you call him Will)
  • Jayden (What?  I thought this was a girl's name...Guess I was wrong...)
  • Noah (Cute, but white beards and balding heads are what comes to mind.)
  • Michael (Again, too many bad apples.  Not always, but you know the saying about one bad apple...)
  • Ethan (I'm OK with this one.  I used to...ummm...dislike it, but it's grown on me.  And I've known several good apples.)
  • Alexander (My nephew's name, but I've always liked it.)
  • Aiden (Ehhhh.  Just ehhhh.  Not bad, not good.)
  • Daniel (Ehhhhhh.  More ehhhhhh.)
For girls:
  • Sophia (Like)
  • Isabella (Love--but too popular now)
  • Emma (Love)
  • Olivia (OK)
  • Ava (Only for a movie star)
  • Emily (Like)
  • Abigail (Love)
  • Madison (Ok)
  • Mia (Ehhhhh)
  • Chloe (Cute)
And now you can see why I haven't even considered names yet.  4.5 wks till the ultrasound, which means 4.5 more wks of burying my head in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!