Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Don't Know About This...

As I lay in bed lastnight, I thoughtfully spoke the words, "You know, I've never liked being pregnant."  Who's with me?  Not that I would want to be not pregnant; I'm just the type who would like to, as I told my husband, lay an egg and sit on it for nine months instead of experiencing all of the nausea and uncomfortableness of pregnancy.  Again, I am thankful for what I am and what I have, but the egg thing has a nice ring to it.  In response, S said, "What do you mean I can't take it with me everywhere?"  So, I concluded that someone would have to come up with an egg-carrying contraption if this was the given method of procreation.  Surely, someone would create a real "fanny pack" for nesting, right?

Ok, perhaps I'm just being ridiculous right now.  I subbed kindergarten today, and I will tomorrow as well, and let's just say the children are a bit of a handful at the end of the year.  Quite a bit.  Also, I feel more "bleck" at night now.  Yes, "morning sickness" morphs throughout my pregnancy and so instead of feeling ill in the afternoons, it has now turned to evening/nights.  Perhaps it will eventually morph out?  I still feel ready to cry in despair when asked, "So, what are you hungry for?"  Truthfully, I'm not hungry for anything.  There are foods that I can stomach, and there are foods that I can't look at.  That's it.  And as much as I love the taste of Sunkist in all it's high fructose corn syrup glory, it makes me sick.  Go figure. 

So getting back to the phrase "I don't know about this," I was thinking of the little ole predictor that most girls I know have tried at one time or another--holding a ring on a necklace over your wrist to see how many children you'll have/what sex/age of mother at birth.  What?  You mean you haven't done such foolishness?  I used to amuse myself with it all the time.  In fact, it still shows girl, girl, boy, girl.  If I'm really at the "boy" stage, I told S that I really don't know about that last girl.  Now, this is all in fun and may or may not hold water (or break it!  haha...couldn't resist the pun).  I just pray my symptoms improve and this baby is healthy and strong.  T-5wks until the u/s. 

I've just discovered another pregnancy symptom:  rambling.  If you'll excuse me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!