Friday, August 19, 2011

Vacation 2, Pt. 1

So I just got finished blogging about vacation in June, and now I double-whammy you with a blog about our vacation in August.  It might appear we are always taking trips--oh, how I wish that were true!

My mom and aunt wanted to take a trip because they were feeling free and restless and, knowing school would soon be tying the girls and me down, I kindly offered to drive tehm to their destination.  We chose to go on the Heritage Trail in northern Indiana, starting in Nappanee and making a loop.  Here is our first stop after leaving Elkhart {I'll post pics from the Elkhart Visitor's Center next--I have to keep you on your toes--chronological order is overrated}. 

Linton's Enchanted Gardens
{well worth the stop}

They had these crazy houses all over teh place, and the girls adored them.  The one below reminded me of Alice in Wonderland

This was the one the girls could play in.  The trunk opened up, and I only hoped it didn't lead to the "pit of despair" {Ok, maybe a small part of me hoped it would so I could climb down, too}.

This sign was attached to the playhouse.  My children are official wildlife.

"Hey, Mommy, take a pit-chur of me in my Chinese house!"

"Take a pit-chur of the one with the funky head," directs Snugglebug.


"Who you callin' "funky head," Messy Hair?" asks teh Funky Head.
"Has anyone seen my brush?  Awww, brushes are overrated."






The gardens even included an alien with green goop udnerneath the body.  The girls really enjoyed this one--I guess they take after their mother more than I thought--not that I'm partial to green goop, or anything :)



Well, until the next landing...or abduction...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!