Saturday, August 20, 2011

Vacation 2, Pt. 2

Elkhart Visitor's Center

The pic below was taken in the...

Women's restroom, of course--where else?

There were quilts hung everywhere at the center.  This one showed how even scrap thread can be used in a quilt:





I thought of S & me when I saw this quilt, but I'll have to do some more research on the name.

Lovely volunteered for her part in the pic below:


Posted by Picasa



I loved the colors found in the quilts, but I especially liked the one above.  I would have loved to have purchased one on our trip, but hundreds of dollars for a quilt I have not.  This visitor's center is supposedly the beginning of the Heritage Trail, a 90-mile loop of towns and farms through Amish country.  During the trip, I surmised most people living there must be very content--"for sale" house signs were extremely rare. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!